Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Gracious Gift of Girlfriends

"Yet who knows whether we have come to the kingdom for such a time as this"
Esther 4:14


Hello Darlings!

Have you ever had the "gut feeling" that something wonderful is about to happen? You know how butterflies feel in your stomach, as you start untieing the ribbon to a beautifully wrapped gift? Or how you can't wipe a smile off your face in anticipation of a special event coming up? It's that special glow you feel when it seems everything is alright with the world - if only for a moment - and you catch a glimpse of yourself passing a mirror and you are smiling!

This is how I feel when I think about my girlfriends. Lately, I have felt like this is a season of girlfriends. It occurred to me that I have "coincidentally" been crossing paths with so many old girlfriends and new girlfriends, at the same time I grow closer to my dream coming to life that was birthed from my love of my girlfriends! I have a feeling God is about to surprise me. It feels like miracles are in the air.

There is power in the friendship of girlfriends. Girlfriends play so many roles in our lives. Each one is a treasure. Each one knows a different part of us. Girlfriends love us unconditionally. We dream together. We celebrate together. We cry together. We pray together. We cheer for each other. We believe in each other. We play together. Girlfriends help keep the little girl inside each of us alive. It is an angelic soul connection that we must protect and keep strong.

My dream to create "The Faith Diva Society" is all about capturing the girlfriend power we treasure. I want to help our girlfriends to each maximize their Godly potential to make a beautiful difference in themselves, in their lives, and the lives they touch. I think women were created for a unique purpose on earth. We can discover that purpose through each other as we embrace "the gracious gift of girlfriends."

What are God's whispers to our heart as women? What were we created for? We were born to be daughters, mothers, sisters, aunts, nieces, grand-daughters, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers to someone. I believe it is through these roles that we bring beauty and order to earth. We were born to adorn the earth with everything bright and beautiful. We were meant to carry the light of god's love to others in sparkling ways. We are responsible for sculpting Godly character in the lives of children and nurturing souls with kindness and love.

It all begins in our own hearts and our own faith. To accomplish our purpose on earth we need to have a faith strong enough to Do It Victoriously Always. It is a daily journey I could not imagine surviving without the love and support of my girlfriends. Ever since my DIVA birthday party, I have been praying for a way to bring women together in special moments of celebration, education and rejuvenation. How could I help women to see how beautiful they are and help them maximize their greatest potential for making a difference in their lives and others?

Lately my dream is becoming clearer as I keep "dancin' in the rain" and putting one foot in front of the other down the narrow path towards living my life on purpose. I know every moment counts in His plan. I hope you will join me on the journey. It is never too late to become who you were born to be.

Take your DIVA step today and call a girlfriend to tell her how much she means to you. Let's start a revolution to change the world one woman at a time - one heart at a time. Grab your hats (the helmets of salvation), your scarves (the sashes of truth), your coats (the breast plates of righteousness), your crosses (the shields of faith), your bibles (the sword of the spirit) and your shoes (the sandals of peace), and stand together to make our lives a living prayer.

I believe we were all born "for such a moment as this." As Esther responds so eloquently in the face of stepping out in faith, "if we perish - we perish!" God's will never perishes. I invite you to come dance in the rain with me and walk towards your destiny!

Have a heavenly day!

Rene

2 comments:

  1. This is great!! You are the best!! Thank you Jesus for bringing Rene into my life!! What a blessing she is to me and to thousands of other girlfriends!! Love you much, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! What an awesome GOD we serve! I know the feeling of the butterfly dance in your stomach well! I am blessed that God has graced my life with you and Connie!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete